Do You Have a Satisfaction or Refund Policy?
If something goes wrong, which has never happened, refunds and discounts are available. We always sign an agreement, therefore assuring you that we will be there and for the time indicated on the binding agreement. We also have backup equipment just in case.
What are your hourly rates?
Our rates differ per event due to location, total length of time needed and other factors. We don’t do this to make extra money, we do this to cover our time and costs involved, which in turn saves people with smaller weddings and events some money because we usually don’t need as much equipment or wear and tear.
Do you require a deposit? What is your cancellation policy?
Sometimes we do require a deposit so that we are not out all of the money that we could have made the day of your event if you were to cancel your booking. If a cancellation is made we may not be able to get a new booking on the particular date that you had reserved with us, thus we need to charge a deposit to make up for that potential loss. We also offer a 60 day money-back cancellation not including the deposit. So if a deposit is required, it is forfeited to us.
Do You Require an agreement? Why Is It Important?
We always complete a legal binding agreement for each event so that neither parties are left at the altar on the day of the scheduled event. It has come to our attention that a lot of “brides to be” or wedding planners have been contacting us frequently in the past saying their entertainment backed out on them or even went out of business. We are not telling you this to scare you. We just want to make sure that whomever you get to provide your music completes a legal and binding agreement ensuring their services for your day. The same goes for your caterers, photographers, etc. Keep in touch with them too. Make sure things are still set and everything is a go. If such a problem should occur, we are always here to help in any emergency.
What Events Do you Perform At?
We can perform at just about any event: Business Functions, School Dances, Bar & Night Club Events, Weddings, Private and family functions, and even Holidays.
What Areas Do You Service?
We are willing tot travel nearly anywhere in Minnesota and neighboring states. We do however have to charge for gas & mileage. We are also willing to negotiate hotel stays as part of the package and pricing.
I (Dave the owner) personally have lost count, but I have done 100+ party/bar gigs and 100+ Wedding receptions. I have DJ’d for receptions with 500+ guests and receptions with just over 50 guests. indoor / outdoor / ceremonies / etc. All of our entertainers are trained and experienced professionals.
What are your qualifications? Have you been professionally trained or certified?
We have been a part of the Better Business Bureau and several other Entertainment related Associations in the past. Due to large fee’s that never pay off for us, we have quit being a part of some of these, Dave the CEO has been officially DJ’ing for 11 years and everyone that DJ’s is experienced… no inexperienced rookies or high school kids.
Do you specialize in a specific genre of music?
NO. We have some of everything and specialize in a variety of music. 18,000 plus songs. We even have polka & waltzes.
Do you take requests?
ABSOLUTELY! Why not? Unless the bride and groom don’t want us too! You will most likely have people of all ages, races and tastes in music so the best way to play what some of these people like is by taking requests. Plus it gives the DJ an idea of some songs to play that they may not have thought of.
Can I provide my own music?
More the merrier, but keep in mind that a lot of songs are from 3 minutes to 5 minutes in length so it doesn’t take that many songs to have a few hours of music. We can custom blend and mix music too. We can even record your voice to karaoke or create music for your own song!
Why Not DJ Myself or Have a Friend or Family Member DJ With Their iPod?
We have heard many stories of “iPod Dj’s” ruining a reception by playing the wrong music and at the wrong times. It takes experience and an unselfish DJ to play songs that a certain crowd wants to hear and will dance to. It is nearly impossible to plan a good wedding dance ahead of time especially without a lot of experience performing for an audience. Also in most situations, it is not easy to setup and run high level audio equipment correctly… and if they are not using professional grade equipment there is a good chance it will over-heat or malfunction at a high level of output. An iPod is not a DJ, it is a music player that has no clue what the guests are gonna dance to.
For small parties and casual events, that type of show may be fine, but a wedding? What are some pointers on choosing music for my event?
When choosing songs for your event, make sure you clarify which artist you want to hear for certain songs. Take the song “The Way You Look Tonight”. Several artists have sang this song over the years and some aren’t even the same song. If you want the Frank Sinatra version be sure to tell your DJ that. if you don’t know, ask them or listen online to find the version you want. If you are having a hard time deciding what songs to use for your Special Dances, try to use a childhood song or some song that you and your loved one could relate to or have shared over the years. There are also many sites and lists you can search online and of course we have some for you to look at too!
Do you have back-up equipment in case of failure?
Yes. We always try to have backup amps and MP3 players in case of emergency’s. Will you also be the Master of Ceremonies (MC)? Yes. We just need to know ahead of time if you need us to do a march or anything like that. What is your standard attire? Dress polo with dress shoes. A tux or suit if requested.
We allow our clients to be involved and in charge from start to finish. We invite and encourage our clients to choose the music and events that they want. We don’t have any set play lists, we play to the crowd and what they and our clients want. And if our clients need help and suggestions or want us to choose all or some of the music, we will do that too! Customer satisfaction is 100% of our business and that’s what we shoot for!
What Is Your DJ style?
We are professional and base our performance style on the type of crowd and choice of music. Meaning, if the crowd is older with keep a quieter profile and if the crowd is young and into Hip Hop/Rock then we get more involved. Our philosophy is: more music and a lot less talk. Because people don’t wanna know my opinions or thoughts, they wanna dance and have fun!!!
Are the bride and groom able to meet the DJ before booking?
If desired, all consultations are FREE.
If you do not have one of the songs pre-requested by the couple, do you require that they provide it?
No. We can usually get any song needed and FREE of charge to the client. But if it is easier for them to bring in a CD or something, that is absolutely fine.
Do you bring your own equipment?
Yes. We bring all of our own equipment: mics, speakers, amps, lights, cords, etc.
Do you offer special equipment into your service?
Dance lighting, and props per request. Leis, beads, wigs, hats, inflatable instruments, etc.
What is your minimum amount of time you will DJ for?
2 Hours unless a special request or arrangement is made.
Do you usually emcee the reception and/or talk between songs?
Yes we are the MC if desired, and we ONLY talk when it is necessary to introduce special requests or songs. We believe the right music speaks for itself, but will do some involvement given the right moment.
Do you take any breaks?
NONE. The only time we stop the music is for announcing or special events. Other issues may also cause a stoppage such as and accident, power outage or equipment failure. Otherwise no breaks are scheduled for our DJ’s.
Do you require a meal break? If yes, do you require that the wedding party provide your meal?
No, but it is nice if it is provided by the wedding party, otherwise we have to fend for ourselves or resort to fast food even.
How much time do you usually need to set up?
About an hour, more is preferred.
Do you require that the site and/or couple provide a table for you to setup on?
We prefer that a table be provided, but we will supply our own table for each event if necessary.
Do you have any extra space requirements?
No, we typically like and area of 14ft. wide (from speaker to speaker) and 8ft. deep.
What is your overtime rate?
Overtime is negotiable at each event and we are very lenient about playing a little longer if people are having fun. Typically extra dance music is $100/hr.
Do you charge for travel expenses?
All gigs within 50 miles from our offices, we do not. Beyond that we charge a reasonable rate to makeup for our time and gas costs.
How many DJs do you have on staff? What is your qualification for hiring DJs?
5 and will be adding more. Trainee’s get screened thoroughly and must have a great knowledge of music and equipment. They do not DJ unsupervised for at least 3-8 weddings or special events based on their previous experience. Some may need longer training based on their experience. All are carefully trained and educated.
What happens prior to the wedding? When do you need our song list?
We offer unlimited communication the whole time. Either the song lists are transferred via email or over the phone. We will also meet with you if you prefer! We like our clients to fill out our event planner at least a week in advance. How early do you typically arrive before an event? An hour or more so we can setup and test things.
We want to meet and talk to the DJ that will be at our wedding reception, is that a problem?
Absolutely not, we prefer you meet them or at least talk to them and go over everything with them before hand! 😀
How many weddings do you perform each year?
40 to 80 currently, but that may change quickly due to expansion.
What type of equipment do you use? What special feature (lighting, etc) can you provide?
PROFESSIONAL GRADE Yorkville, Mackie, Chauvet, etc. We have special dance light options, props and games and much more.
What is your event cancellation policy?
Events can be canceled 60 days prior to the event, but the deposit is non-refundable. If less than 60 days before the event, the entire agreement price must be paid.
What are your standard payment terms?
Deposit is ONLY $45 at this time and is due at agreement signing in order to lock in the event date… some arrangements can be made to make payments. Remaining balance is due the day of the event.
Can you provide a microphone?
Yes we try to provide a cordless mic to all events.
How does the booking and planning process work?
Booking is as easy as 1..2..3
1. Fill out the booking form and submit it.
2. We will fill out an agreement and send it to you. You may e-sign it online by using the links on the agreement or you may print it out, sign it and mail it to us.
3. Pay your initial investment online or pay via check.
Planning Your Event!
1. Look around our website for song lists, helpful hints and planning ideas. You may also use our wedding checklist and event planner at anytime to help you with your planning. You may also call us anytime if you prefer and we will gladly assist you!
2. A week or two before your event, you may use our online event planner to help you make your final decisions and tell us what we can do to make your day unforgettable!
1. By providing a written Agreement, which is signed and agreed upon by Our company and the client, we can book the date of your event and assure that no upcoming costs or hidden problems will arise.
2. Our company provides backup equipment and assures that a backup DJ will be available should an emergency or case of illness occur.
3. Our company only uses Industry Standard Professional Equipment. We do NOT use home stereo level equipment (unless requested), which can be unreliable and is not made for a high level of performance.
4. Our company prefers to play what the audience wants, unless you do not want us to. We DO NOT have a set playlist that we follow. We take requests and try to play them at the best and appropriate times. We do as much as we can to keep the party going. You may even want to request certain songs NOT be played. It’s your event and we are here to accommodate in any way we can. We tend to save any explicit music for the last hour or two to avoid offending the older and younger crowds.
5. Dressing according to your needs is important to us; we usually wear comfortable dress attire. We are always willing to wear Tuxes or Suit coats, but by special request only!
6. Music volume is acquired based on the age range of the crowd. Our company will play music at whatever level you like, keeping in mind your younger and older guests.
7. We meet with every client (unless it is not necessary) before an event takes place. We allow you to choose music that you would like and allow you to plan your entertainment throughout the night.
8. Your input and suggestions are always welcome. Any information about your friends and family can help us to choose the best mix of music for your guests. Also we allow you to choose as much music as you would like for your event.
9. Wedding Ceremony music has been changing over the last couple of years. Many people are choosing to have DJ’s versus live music for parts of or all of their Ceremony music. We can compose and mix custom tracks and are very willing to work hand in hand with singers or musicians.
10. Not many Reception Halls offer dinner music, that’s where we come in. We offer dinner/social hour music typically consisted of instrumentals.
11. Overtime isn’t a problem. A typical show is about four hours, if everyone is having a good time we are happy to run a little longer.
12. If you have a family member/friend who can really sing, and you would like them to do so, we can accommodate for that, but we do need to know this ahead of time so that we can plan accordingly.
13. We allow our clients to be interactive and to call the shots if they choose. We allow you to make your own announcements or we will handle all of the announcements for you. It is the clients choice. However, we do not believe that in order to have a good performance that we need to do a lot of talking. We do invite people to the dance floor when we feel it is necessary and are willing to get involved with dances.
14. It is a very nice gesture to offer a gratuity to your DJ. This is not included in the cost and is not expected. Offering a tip is completely at your discretion. IE: typical gratuities are around 5-15% of the total cost. But we do not require a fee for tips or any hidden charges at anytime.
15. Why choose us over a band? Bands are a great source of entertainment, but they can never have as wide of a repertoire as we do. No matter how good the band is, they will never sound as good as the original artist recordings. Also, we play non stop.
16. We don’t ever take any breaks unless they are required for announcing, accidents, power outages or the rare occasion of equipment overload or malfunction.
We also offer many more services than most of our competition:
• FREE Consultations
• Event Planning
• Custom Music
• Ceremony Music
• Dinner Music
• Reception Photos
• Slide show Creation
• DVD Creation
• Games & Props
• Invitation Print & Design
• Master of Ceremonies
• Projector Rental
• Photobooth Rental
• Referrals & Affiliates
• Emergency Service
• FREE Wedding Checklist
• And Much More!